This year, applicants to MA degrees in UCC’s College of Arts, Celtic Studies and Social Sciences may apply to two scholarship schemes: the CACSSS Excellence Scholarship, and the Quercus Taught Masters Academic Scholarship. (Students may not hold scholarships in both schemes simultaneously.)
UCC’s Music MA programmes are:
- Music – Composition (MA) – CKE78 Full-time; CKD50 Part-time
- Music – Digital Music and Media Composition (MA) – CKD15 Part-time
- Music – Ethnomusicology (MA) – CKE68 Full-time; CKD51 Part-time
- Music – Performance (Music) (MA) – CKD18 Full-time; CKD19 Part-time
- Music and Cultural History (MA) – CKE79 Full-time; CKD21 Part-time
If you’re interested in studying musicology, you should apply to the MA in Music and Cultural History.
We also offer the MRes (Masters of Research).
There are twelve CACSSS Excellence Scholarships available to applicants who intend to start a taught MA or MRes in UCC’s College of Arts, Celtic Studies, and Social Sciences.
The scholarships are for one year full-time or two years part-time only and are not extendable for any reason. If the Taught Programme is officially of two years’ duration, then the scholarship can be renewed for a second year, subject to satisfactory reports from the student and supervisor at the end of Year 1.
The scholarships are open to EU and non-EU students. However, the funding will only cover the EU fee, so successful non-EU applicants will be responsible for the balance.
Applicants must have at least Second Class Honours (Grade 1) or equivalent in their first or subsequent degree and must have already applied for their chosen postgraduate course at www.pac.ie/ucc. A referee’s report will be required as part of the application process.
Excellence Scholarships (Masters) Application Form (58kB)
Excellence Scholarships (Masters) Referees Report (46kB)
Excellence Scholarships (Masters) Terms and Conditions (514kB)
Completed applications including all documentation must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than Friday, 7 April 2017.
Source & more information: https://www.ucc.ie/en/cacsss/grads/scholarships_and_funding/pro_students/
The Quercus Taught Masters Scholarship scheme offers three EU and three non-EU scholarships for taught MAs in the College of Arts, Celtic Studies and Social Sciences. (The figure of thirty-three scholarships given below is for the scheme as a whole.)
Quercus Taught Masters Academic Scholarships will be awarded to top-performing postgraduate applicants to masters courses in 2017/18.
- 33 scholarships will be awarded to candidates who have a minimum 1H (or equivalent) in their undergraduate degree and who are deemed by their college of choice to demonstrate an exceptional level of academic excellence and commitment to their masters course of choice, as evidenced by their personal statement.
- The Quercus Taught Masters Academic Scholarship is a 50% contribution towards postgraduate fees for the duration of the postgraduate course to self-funded applicants.
Application deadline 2017
- June 1st 2017 is the closing date for applications.
- For those waiting final year results, June 30th is the deadline for uploading final transcripts to PAC.
- Awards will be communicated to applicants by mid-July 2017.
Source & more information: http://www.ucc.ie/en/quercus/about/postgrad/